© 2022 SuzanneClearyPoet.com. All Rights Reserved
- Thanks to the Kent and Sussex Poetry Society and Oxfam Bookshop, Tunbridge Wells, England for featuring my poetry books in this beautiful display.
- Thanks to Jayne English at Substack, for publishing her review of my poem "Elm Street."
- Thanks to Limp Wrist magazine, for publishing my poem "Midge" in its Happy 63rd Birthday, Barbie! (Issue LW #6, Part 2: 3/9/22). To find the poem, click HERE, scroll down slightly, and then click Suzanne's name at the end of the second column.
- Thanks to Asheville Poetry Review, for publishing (in Volume 28, No. 1) two of my poems ("Again I Hear Myself Lecturing My Students on a Subject About Which I Know Very Little" and "Sophia Loren Reveals Her Secret to Staying Young"). Also, for publishing my review "Are You an Addonizio or a Hamby?: A Review of Kim Addonizio's Now We're Getting Somewhere and Barbara Hamby's Holoholo.
- Thanks to Keith Flynn, of Asheville Poetry Review, for making me a Staff Writer and for publishing (in Volume 26-27, No. 1) my review of Ernest Hilbert and Phil Memmer's latest poetry books.
- Thanks to poet Nick Laird for selecting me for the Moth Poetry Prize shortlist.
- Thanks to Mike Aleman--for selecting--and to Spokane, WA, public radio--for posting--readings of two of Suzanne's poems, "Nest" and "Cahoots."
- Thanks to The Hudson Valley Writers Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY, for posting Suzanne's pre-Covid poetry reading on YouTube. [Reading begins at 4:30]
- Thanks to Benjamin S. Grossberg, who wrote a very complimentary review of my latest book, Crude Angel, published in The Antioch Review, Spring 2019 issue.
- Poet Tracy K. Smith reads Suzanne Cleary's poem "Summary of Fifteen Years" at The Slowdown, reading date August 13, 2019.
- On March 31, 2019, VerseDaily featured the Crude Angel poem "I Have Never Slept with an Animal." Click here for more info.
- Famed poet Grace Cavalieri writes of Crude Angel, "Anyone who can write a poem about Lawrence Welk and make it pull with truth has my vote." Click here for more info.
- Crude Angel has been chosen as a finalist for the Paterson Poetry Prize, and I will read on April 4, 2020 at the Passaic County Community College Poetry Center, The Hamilton Club, 2nd floor, 32 Church Street, Paterson, NJ 07505.
- My new poetry book, Crude Angel, © 2018, has been published. Go to the Books page to order from various vendors.
- I am happy to be teaching my new poetry workshop, "Schmoozing with Your Muse," at the Hudson Valley Writers' Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY. I look forward to teaching this six-week workshop again, starting Monday, September 17, 2018.
- My essay "Daring the Ridiculous" is lead article in Reflecting Pool: Poets and the Creative Process, published in August 2018 by Codhill Press, New Paltz, NY.
- My poem "Worry Stone" appears in the Spring 2018 issue of Southern Poetry Review.
- My poem "Theremin" appears in the Spring 2018 issue of Fifth Wednesday.
- England and Ireland sent me good news: [A] The poem "Secret of Happiness" won the 2017 Troubador International Poetry Prize, 2nd Place, selected by judges Initiaz Dharker and Michael Symmons Roberts. [B] The poem "Truthfully" is Honorary Mention for the 2017 Fish Poetry Prize, selected by Jo Shapcott, with publication in Fish Poetry Anthology. [C] The poem "I Have Never Slept with an Animal" won the 2017 Gregory O'Donohue International Poetry Prize, 3rd Place, selected by Mary Noonan, with publication in Southward.
- My poem "Nest" appears in the Fall 2017 issue of New Ohio Review.
NEWS ABOUT READINGS
- On April 13, 2019, I read in the Hudson Highland Regional Poets series launch at the Desmond-Fish Library in Garrison, NY. Click here and then scroll down and click the VIEW ALL link for more info.
- On March 21, 2019, I read in New York City at the KGB Bar. Click here for more info.
- On March 21, 2017, I read my poetry at the Kent & Sussex Poetry Society, Tunbridge Wells, England, the oldest continuously operating poetry society in the United Kingdom.