- Crude Angel has been chosen as a finalist for the Paterson Poetry Prize, and I will read with the other finalists and with the winners on April 4, 2020 at the Passaic County Community College Poetry Center, The Hamilton Club, 2nd floor, 32 Church Street, Paterson, NJ 07505.
- My new poetry book, Crude Angel, has been published. Go to the Books page to order from various vendors.
- I am happy to be teaching my new poetry workshop, "Schmoozing with Your Muse," at the Hudson Valley Writers' Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY. I look forward to teaching this six-week workshop again, starting Monday, September 17, 2018.
- My essay "Daring the Ridiculous" is lead article in Reflecting Pool: Poets and the Creative Process, published in August 2018 by Codhill Press, New Paltz, NY.
- My poem "Worry Stone" appears in the Spring 2018 issue of Southern Poetry Review.
- My poem "Theremin" appears in the Spring 2018 issue of Fifth Wednesday.
- England and Ireland send me good news: [A] The poem "Secret of Happiness" won the 2017 Troubador International Poetry Prize, 2nd Place, selected by judges Initiaz Dharker and Michael Symmons Roberts. [B] The poem "Truthfully" is Honorary Mention for the 2017 Fish Poetry Prize, selected by Jo Shapcott, with publication in Fish Poetry Anthology. [C] The poem "I Have Never Slept with an Animal" won the 2017 Gregory O'Donohue International Poetry Prize, 3rd Place, selected by Mary Noonan, with publication in Southward.
- My poem "Nest" appears in the Fall 2017 issue of New Ohio Review.
- On March 21, 2017, I read my poetry at the Kent & Sussex Poetry Society, Tunbridge Wells, England, the oldest continuously running poetry society in the UK.
© 2019 SuzanneClearyPoet.com. All Rights Reserved