© 2022 SuzanneClearyPoet.com. All Rights Reserved
- Thanks to the fine poet Benjamin S. Grossberg for selecting my poem "The Music" as the Runner-Up (2nd-Place) for the Leslie McGrath Poetry Prize of Helix Magazine. I know that my poem will be in good company in Helix.
- On Februay 1, 2023, I will introduce three of my poetry colleagues from the Converse University Low-Residency MFA Creating Writing program, who will do a ZOOM reading under the sponsorship of Slapering Hol Press of the Hudson Valley Writer's Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY. To register for the event, click here. Scroll down, choose a ticket option, and then click the "Register" button.
- Thanks to Lightwood online magazine for publishing my poem "To the Person at the Zoom Poetry Reading, Unmuted, Doing Hand Laundry, June, 20, 2020" in the magazine's March 21, 2022 issue.
- Thanks to the Kent and Sussex Poetry Society and Oxfam Bookshop, Tunbridge Wells, England for featuring my poetry books in this beautiful display.
- Thanks to Jayne English at Substack, for publishing her review of my poem "Elm Street."
- Thanks to Limp Wrist magazine, for publishing my poem "Midge" in its Happy 63rd Birthday, Barbie! (Issue LW #6, Part 2: 3/9/22). To find the poem, click HERE, scroll down slightly, and then click Suzanne's name at the end of the second column.
- Thanks to Asheville Poetry Review, for publishing (in Volume 28, No. 1) two of my poems ("Again I Hear Myself Lecturing My Students on a Subject About Which I Know Very Little" and "Sophia Loren Reveals Her Secret to Staying Young"). Also, for publishing my review "Are You an Addonizio or a Hamby?: A Review of Kim Addonizio's Now We're Getting Somewhere and Barbara Hamby's Holoholo.
- Thanks to Keith Flynn, of Asheville Poetry Review, for making me a Staff Writer and for publishing (in Volume 26-27, No. 1) my review of Ernest Hilbert and Phil Memmer's latest poetry books.
- Thanks to poet Nick Laird for selecting me for the Moth Poetry Prize shortlist.
- Thanks to Mike Aleman--for selecting--and to Spokane, WA, public radio--for posting--readings of two of Suzanne's poems, "Nest" and "Cahoots."
- Thanks to The Hudson Valley Writers Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY, for posting Suzanne's pre-Covid poetry reading on YouTube. [Reading begins at 4:30]
- Thanks to Benjamin S. Grossberg, who wrote a very complimentary review of my latest book, Crude Angel, published in The Antioch Review, Spring 2019 issue.
- Poet Tracy K. Smith reads Suzanne Cleary's poem "Summary of Fifteen Years" at The Slowdown, reading date August 13, 2019.
- On March 31, 2019, VerseDaily featured the Crude Angel poem "I Have Never Slept with an Animal." Click here for more info.
- Famed poet Grace Cavalieri writes of Crude Angel, "Anyone who can write a poem about Lawrence Welk and make it pull with truth has my vote." Click here for more info.
- Crude Angel has been chosen as a finalist for the Paterson Poetry Prize, and I will read on April 4, 2020 at the Passaic County Community College Poetry Center, The Hamilton Club, 2nd floor, 32 Church Street, Paterson, NJ 07505.
- My new poetry book, Crude Angel, © 2018, has been published. Go to the Books page to order from various vendors.
- I am happy to be teaching my new poetry workshop, "Schmoozing with Your Muse," at the Hudson Valley Writers' Center, Sleepy Hollow, NY. I look forward to teaching this six-week workshop again, starting Monday, September 17, 2018.
- My essay "Daring the Ridiculous" is lead article in Reflecting Pool: Poets and the Creative Process, published in August 2018 by Codhill Press, New Paltz, NY.
- My poem "Worry Stone" appears in the Spring 2018 issue of Southern Poetry Review.
- My poem "Theremin" appears in the Spring 2018 issue of Fifth Wednesday.
- England and Ireland sent me good news: [A] The poem "Secret of Happiness" won the 2017 Troubador International Poetry Prize, 2nd Place, selected by judges Initiaz Dharker and Michael Symmons Roberts. [B] The poem "Truthfully" is Honorary Mention for the 2017 Fish Poetry Prize, selected by Jo Shapcott, with publication in Fish Poetry Anthology. [C] The poem "I Have Never Slept with an Animal" won the 2017 Gregory O'Donohue International Poetry Prize, 3rd Place, selected by Mary Noonan, with publication in Southward.
- My poem "Nest" appears in the Fall 2017 issue of New Ohio Review.
NEWS ABOUT READINGS
- On April 13, 2019, I read in the Hudson Highland Regional Poets series launch at the Desmond-Fish Library in Garrison, NY. Click here and then scroll down and click the VIEW ALL link for more info.
- On March 21, 2019, I read in New York City at the KGB Bar. Click here for more info.
- On March 21, 2017, I read my poetry at the Kent & Sussex Poetry Society, Tunbridge Wells, England, the oldest continuously operating poetry society in the United Kingdom.